This wiki has been automatically closed because there have been no edits or log actions made within the last 60 days. If you are a user (who is not the bureaucrat) that wishes for this wiki to be reopened, please request that at Requests for reopening wikis. If this wiki is not reopened within 6 months it may be deleted. Note: If you are a bureaucrat on this wiki, you can go to Special:ManageWiki and uncheck the "Closed" box to reopen it.
From Metroidpedia, the Metroid wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Administrators are a type of user who have access to a few additional functions:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins (except for style sheets such as MediaWiki:Common.css, which can instead be edited by an interface administrator).
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on the wiki. Be warned that if a user is granted bureaucrat rights, they cannot have this right revoked. The founder of a wiki automatically receives both administrator and bureaucrat rights.
Some Miraheze staff members who are part a global group, such as stewards, are already given full administrative access to all Miraheze wikis.
Frequently asked questions
- "How do I become an administrator?"
- Becoming an administrator is something that is decided on by the staff, not the community themselves. These qualities are determined by dedication, friendliness, and an understanding of the wiki's help and policy pages.
- "How do I use administrator powers?"
- See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
- "What can administrators not do?"
- Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes that are not vandalism; for example, to protect a page to keep a revision that they prefer. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an administrator should not be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is simply someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the wiki.
- "Who are the administrators on this wiki?"
These are the current administrators of Metroidpedia: